- Most importantly, Alex has a triggering history. It includes violence against children, rape, suicide, torture, blood, and general child-abuse. Does any of this bother you? I will always warn when a subject is in danger of coming up, and he tends to avoid talking about it, but if any of these bother you, you can let me know here, and I will make sure he doesn't say anything triggering.
- Alex isn't very good with reading facial expressions usually, especially in the realms of positive emotions, but he's gotten used to linking some negative feelings with the shadows he used to see. Does your characters have typical expressive traits, or do they mask their feelings fairly well?
- Alex also stutters and speaks colloquially. If that bothers you, let me know here so I can skip the phonetic writing and the stutter.
- Alex is something called a Shadow Eater. (Detailed information about them and Shadows here) He sees negative emotions in the form of shadows around a person, and he needs to eat these for sustenance. Can I say that he sees a shadow on your character if in the response you state your character is feeling a negative emotion without asking if he sees this emotion directly from you each time? If it is unclear, I will always ask permission.
- Can Alex eat your characters shadows? It does not keep them from ever feeling that again, but for a time removes the feeling, it comes back the next time your character thinks of whatever thought or memory caused it. He feels the emotion and gets a sense of what thought or memory caused it. (Think in general terms like "that girl I love left me"- she could have dumped the character, moved away, died, or anything like that. He might be able to guess more based on the strength of the feeling).
- Alex gets a few abilities with his shadow-eating, but because they are all made of shadows themselves they are (almost) impossible to see (Think like Lucy's hands from Elfin Lied,) unless Alex shares his ability to see shadows. Does your character have some way of reading emotions, like in empath, or something else that might let them see them?
- Alex is a hacker, and a rather good one at that. It might take him a few days to get used to the PCDs, and a few weeks before he's got the coding figured out, but once that happens, is it okay for him to hack your posts that are private but not unhackable? It is unlikely he often will, as he respects privacy, but he also would not have qualms if he was given a reason.
Threadjacking? I'm fine with it!
Back-threading? It will happen. :|b
Injury? Ask me first, but I'm usually fine with it!
Medical: Alex has had a rough past, and isn't in the best shape. His body isn't all that strong, but he's quick on his feet. His shadow abilities also make him very resilient, however they are also a curse; he needs to take a type of amino acid to keep himself from dying. It keeps the genes that was spliced in switched on, however, the genes also overwrote important genes to instructing the body how to process normal food energy at a cellular level, so if he does not take the pills and the gene falls dormant, he will die of cellular starvation. He is not aware that this is the exact process, but knows that not taking these pills would be very bad.
Romance: Because of his past, Alex is iffy on romances, but if the right person comes along, we are both all for it! He tends to prefer girls, but a guy is not out of the question.
Physical contact: Alex doesn't dislike contact itself, but he is very jumpy when someone goes to touch him, though he'll be less so when he gets to trust a person. He might flip out over a hug at first, but he really doesn't mind the hug itself. It just surprises him. He has essentially been trained that being touched means being hurt, but he has realized this and is trying to teach himself otherwise.
Sexual relations: That's going to be a no for a long time.
Alex's IC triggers; They basically coincide with the trigger warnings for other people that I listed above. I am totally not against them being mentioned, but Alex may get upset depending on the context, though they are sure to gain some sort of negative reaction from anger to sadness, but also compassion if it's something someone else has gone through. Parents and how they act can be a touchy subject for him, and he especially does not like his mother to be insulted, and will at the very least be sullen if something about his father is praised. He's easily bullied, but calling him weak is likely to hurt him the worst. Depending on the situation he may try to prove the person calling him weak wrong, but generally there has to be someone else he is protecting, or he is likely to just submit.